Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Nearing the End!

This weeks blog is just a personal reflection of all the work I have done thus far in the semester and what I have been working on this week.  For starters, we are in the fourteenth week of school, which means we have one more week of regular classes and then finals week!  These fourteen weeks have been a journey in terms of the internship.  I have never had to do something like this, but it was definitely worth the experience.  I have learned how to blog and now will learn how to set up my own web page.  Meanwhile I have also learned so much about Roman gardens, as well as Medieval gardens that will stay in my memory for a long time.  I was surprised with how serious the Romans took gardening, but also with how important gardening actually was and is now.  Working for the Medieval Studies Center has been an unforgettable experience.

During this week I have finished writing my paper and am now in the process of proofreading it as well as sending it to a friend to also proofread it.  While writing the paper for the last couple of weeks I found it a little challenging to condense all the information I had collected into a 12-15 page paper.  If you have been keeping up with my blogs you know what I mean (I have been writing a lot).  At the same time it was beneficial; I'd rather have too much information than not enough!

Also this week I met up with Dr. Roberts and discussed setting up my web page.  He emailed me information about setting up a page through WordPress and I'm hoping one of his graduate students will help me with this.  I am a little nervous because I have never done something like this before, but I'm sure I will pull through! 

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the week! Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment